How Your Website Was Built
Your site was built using WordPress and Divi Builder
Website Style Guide
- Headings: Didact Gothic
- Body: Lato
- Purple: #1F1E3E
- Light Blue: #A0BEEF
Where is my domain name?
- Your domain name (hiswillfirst.com) is registered with GoDaddy (Stephan Galfas is the account owner)
- This typically needs to be renewed on an annual basis
Where is my website hosted?
- Your website is hosted by Third Cup Creative as part of your monthly website maintenance plan
What’s included in my monthly maintenance plan?
- 1-hour of website edits per month (additional hours are billed at $75/hr)
- Daily website backups
- Monthly updating of WordPress, themes, and plugins
- Enhanced website security and protection
- Monthly website traffic report
- Note: You can cancel your monthly maintenance plan at any time, no long-term contracts or cancellation fees
Accessing the Website Dashboard
- To access the website dashboard, visit hiswillfirst.com/wp-admin
- Login with your credentials
- Lost your credentials? Email email@example.com
- Website visitors are able to make donations online through the Donate page
- Website visitors can choose to pay via Credit Card OR via PayPal:
- If someone donates using a credit card – the money will automatically be deposited to the HWF bank account. This is handled by a payment processing platform called Stripe. To change the bank account that money is deposited to, login into your Stripe (UN: firstname.lastname@example.org account and visit the settings page.
- If someone donates using PayPal – the money will automatically be sent to the HWF PayPal account (UN: email@example.com)
- When a donation is made through the website, you will receive an email notification to alert you that a donation has been made. This notification will be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- An email will also be sent to the donor to confirm their donation + thank them
- Email settings can be found by logging into the website dashboard, hovering over the ‘Donation’ tab, click ‘Settings’, then click the ‘Emails’ tab
- To view donations that have been made through the website, login to the website dashboard, hover over the ‘Donations’ tab, then click ‘Donations’
- At the bottom of the website, there is a section titled “Follow along on our journey” with a form to subscribe to the His Will First email list
- If someone fills out this form, their email will be added to your Mailchimp account
Editing Page Content
The website pages were built using Divi Builder. While this tool does make the website building process a lot easier, there is still the potential to mess something up while using it
You are welcome to contact us with any page edits (1-hour of edits is included each month), but if you would like to edit yourself, please follow these instructions:
- From the website dashboard, select “Pages” on the left side menu
- Hover over the page you would like to edit and select “Edit with Divi” (It’s important to select “Edit with Divi” and not “Edit”)
- This will open up the visual editor. You can click on any element on the page and then select the black settings icon to edit it
- If you make a mistake, select the 3 purple dots on the bottom of the screen, select the clock icon, then select the undo icon
- After making any changes, select “Save” on the bottom right, then select “Exit Visual Builder” at the top center of the screen
Changing the Site Logo
- From the website dashboard, hover over the “Divi” tab on the left side menu and select “Theme Options”
- The very first line says “Logo” and you will see buttons to upload a new logo image
- After making any changes, select “Save Changes”
Take Your Site & Run
We pride ourselves on making sure our clients have complete control and ownership of their websites, and never feel like they’re locked into our services.
We are happy to assist with transferring your website to another service provider. Please contact email@example.com for assistance.